Thursday, June 30, 2011

Isn't it wonderful?

Looks like the friends of Gary have inched themselves one step closer in their battle to Stepfordize Sidney.

Council agreed Tuesday night to explore the possibility of setting up a path to illegality for those businesses who have shipping containers. The ordinance seeks to limit or restrict ownership of these shipping containers unless a special exception permit is obtained. Currently only friends of Gary would even qualify for this special permit.


True to their word, the beautification police even want to specify the color of these containers that are already in use.

It is incredulous to me how people in Sidney are allowing a small cadre of liberals and Boss Hogg types strangle legitimate business interests so they can make the downtown look pretty for businesses on the hill. All the while Gary Person seems more interested in catering to the whims of Cabela's than doing his financial homework on the cheat businesses he "brings" to town.

Sidney and Cheyenne County are at a crossroads. The burdens that the few seek to impose on the many are going to chase away jobs. Far too much is being offered to keep one major employer happy in town and there will come a day, like several times in the past when all the ass-kissing will come to no productive end. Just remember back in history when the army ammunition plant closed down, and when the railroad moved it's operations base elsewhere. Te only difference here will be that the debts that Gary is saddling the town with will accelerate the decline he is trying to tell you he is preventing.

The nation is on the brink of another major downturn economically and the costs to ensure his brand of prosperity will certainly be purchased with the furture's livelihood. Mark my words. I was right about the TIF bomb that was Prairie Winds. I am right about this as well.

2 comments:

  1. Mike,

    Do you even live here anymore? Last I heard you were in Peetz and were moving to Georgia. Bother whatever state and county you are in and leave this one, and it's wonderful media, alone. You do nothing but create problems and spread rumors - probably at the will of the old "Big Three" who did nothing but do things to benefit their own businesses. At the very least Cabela's has grown this town and county. The only bad thing they did was move you here then fire you without relocating you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about this: you think what you want, and I will continue to think what I want. At least I have the courage to put my name on my words. You o the other hand are a chickenshit coward. Whether I live in town anymore or not is irrelevant when you consider that there are people there I do care about. You obviously only care about your gravy train at the end of Gary Person's festering arm.

    If you would like to debate a point, please state your actual name and your point. I welcome the discussion, but personal attacks on me because I don't live there don't make my positions wrong. It just makes you look cowardly.

    ReplyDelete