Friday, June 3, 2011

IPad2 best tablet? You betcha!

I can't possibly compete with our favorite proponent of Sony technology, but I do know a thing or two about Mac-based gadgets. I have owned about every serious variant of the ipod (except the shuffle), IPhone, Mac desktop, laptop and software app since the early 90's and I have recently added their newest gadget to my collection: The IPad 2.

Don't be fooled by all the Android-Heads out there or the distant lagging Windows mobile devices. The IPad is the easiest and most powerful device of its type you can purchase. Sporting a dual core processor and dual cameras, the IPad picks up where the IPhone 4 left off. Heck with Skype, you can even make phone calls on the thing.

The display is beautiful, though I can't bring myself to use Steve Job's, "Gorgeous." Application support is awesone and extremely easy given the device's ITunes interface. When you want to do Sudoku or Yahtzee some racing game, you can easily access these games and a plethora of productivity apps including video conferencing from Go To Meeting and others.

Of course, other tablet manufacturers have the standard retort that the IPad 2 still doesn't support Flash from Adobe, Inc. Flash, in my opinion has lost a bit of its spark, given advances in coding HTML since version 5 arrived on the scene. The chief Apple knock on Flash was that it consumed a ton of battery power and anyone who has recently purchased an android 3 powered device understands this when viewing movies. Consequently, when I view HBOGo on my IPad 2, I am able to watch 7 hour long episodes of, "Game of Thrones" (I highly recommend the series) and still tap out a blog posting on the subject, read work and personal emails and plan my trip to Switzerland next week. It absolutist handles power better the the city council in Sidney.

If there is any drawback, I would have to say that it falls on the backs of carriers who sell models with 3G service. Not only is such service spotty in Sidney, the cost of these plans invalidates the extra expense, unless you are a traveling salesmaan.

Bottom line, if you are in the market for a tablet device that outshines all the rest of the competition, then you should give the IPad 2 a swipe or two. You could spend as much for a whole lot less, or a lot less for a whole lot less if you avoid the fruit of the geek.

No comments:

Post a Comment