Thursday, October 8, 2009

I thought the party was for me...

Yesterday, I joined some friends of mine at a local establishment. The place had an unusually large number of cars parked outside. Inside, there were people laughing and celebrating the 25th year anniversaries of Fred Neal and Jeff Johnson. These guys have been fixtures of the company for about as long as you can be alive and not be considered an official relic.

They have seen many changes over the years and seen good and not so good people come and go. I don't really know Jeff or Fred very well, though I used to hang out at the G-Room and smoke a stogie and listen to stories with Fred and the Brother's Ern... What I know of Jeff really can be summed up from listening to him tell stories of Jim Pohl at his wake. You could tell that those guys lived hard and played even harder.

Why did I think this was a party for me? It was a year ago yesterday that I was promoted to customer by the same company that celebrated their survival. Ironically funny, but yet, tragic all the same.

Even as I write this, I am searching diligently for a technical management position, pretty much anywhere in the country. Jobs continue to be a hard thing to come by and things being what they are, they don't look to improve significantly until next year. Hopefully, some of you out there who have been good enough to follow this will know someone who might need computer equipment installed, or need someone to improve how efficiently they get their work scheduled or executed.

Until then, I will keep plugging away at the resume spitting out machine and doing my best to keep you informed about things you may have interest in. Take er easy!


Mike Rowland

No comments:

Post a Comment